Monday, January 5, 2009

Handmade gift for my son-stop Cpsia law

My son received these wonderful slipper socks from Foxyfleece. What a great product and handmade at that! He really enjoys wearing them. He is only 11 years old. Okay no big deal. Well not according to this new law to pass next month Cpsia (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act) Look under children products containing lead. In short products that are made whether handmade or manufactured for children 12 years and younger need to be tested for lead before they are sold. This will put alot of business out especially the small ones. If you feel strongly against this you can, sign the petition, Write the CSPC, Write your legislator
This is my question? My son is 11 years old but guess what his feet are big so we ended up getting a man's size slipper. Now he is under the age group but he is wearing adult size slippers that are not tested and frankly I don't want to go through all of this. There has to be a better way than this law. (okay off my soap box)

4 comments:

SleightGirl said...

I know...That law makes me so upset too. Legislators always feel the need to pass a law quickly without thinking of all the reprocussions it will have. Voting to "protect children" just looks good on their resume when they run for re-election...ok off my soap box now.

Sherry said...

Your son is adoable, and I don't think this law is going to work how they intended. Do they understand how many good businesses will go under?

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your kind words, but I still need to get in a healthier frame of mind!

Debra said...

I totally agree! My daughter is 11, she wears a size 3/5 top in juniors and a 7.5 in womens shoes so where do they draw the line?? I just don't understand it. I feel really sad that this law can put so many talented people out of buisness.

Have a great week!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ugh, you are so right!!

(cute kid!) :)